Every four weeks ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every four weeks ...

Is the one and only event that Monkey Tree can be seen on the leaderboard in The Other War Gem Game and it does my soul such good to watch them fall slowly into obscurity out of the top 100 every time.

I am in a top ten ranked guild over there and not one of us is P 2 W.

it is so freaking satisfying to see brains trump wallets every month.

Just thought I would share.
    [email protected]

Not sure enough people know what monkey tree is to get the context or relevance of this. But, maybe I'm just in the minority.

Comment

"brains trump wallets every month"

Umm is this possible in lgoh?

Comment

• iArashi
        iArashi commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't really need to use your brain to play the game though. Aside from building effective decks that is.

• Blarebaby
        Blarebaby commented
        Editing a comment
        I said the other game.

LGOH doesn’t require brains. It requires that you buy this weeks deck and then stand in front of the boss whacking away with it until you either kill it or are killed.

You can spend LGOH money over there but the game is rigged that the only way you can make your cards powerful enough is by putting hours in the game. you can easily be whacked by the opponent if you make a wrong move, and you have to consider How your move will setup your opponent for that whack. Also in guild events you need to use team smarts.

Also, power creep is there but its less noticeable because of how the algorithm matches opponents with like power levels. The higher you go, the scarcer the power points. Im level 1100 and its wy slower to level up than at level 200.

I think in general the game is more fun and equitable than LGOH.

Blare, thanks for the smile!

Comment

Oh i see mybad, hmm this gem of war game i did not know they played gems of war too.

i wonder if i should start...does it require much time? Like grinding lgoh is already taking up alot of time

Comment

• Blarebaby
          Blarebaby commented
          Editing a comment
          It can take as much or little time as you want. I used to play it when lgoh app crashed which was all the time. Over last Christmas I put in a lot of time when lgoh devs fucked off for six weeks over the holidays and left a huge portion of the player base stranded with crashy app. That was when I converted to full time.

You can play solo or in a guild. The big difference is the enjoyment level. Same amount of hours nets a ton more cards, weapons and powers. They essentially reward you for engagement. The more engaged you are the better the rewards.

I join d a guild when I got to level 200 that didn’t take long. Once you join an active guild, the rewards come much faster. Theres grindy aspects to it but always its because Im chasing a bigger better team build, weapon or power level. Basically the game is what you want it to be and the dollar commitment is close to nil. Im level 1100 and never even bought the super deathknight armor that doubles rewards.

I Ve bought a few things because I feel like the devs deserve support but in total I think in eight months Ive spent about eighty bucks, and I didn’t have to, I wanted to.

LoL a fool and his money ...
        Last edited by Blarebaby; 4 weeks ago.
        [email protected]

Comment

Seems my comments here have spurred the Chimps to heights of effort never before witnessed.

Which means thanks Chimps for subsidizing my enjoyment of the game. : D

Somebodys got to pay the devs bills better them than me.

What a tragedy mama and papa Chimps can’t buy their children more financial smarts.
          Last edited by Blarebaby; 3 weeks ago.
          [email protected]

Comment

• TotallyNewPlaya
            TotallyNewPlaya commented
            Editing a comment
            You have a weird ego that you imagine your comments on one games forums are influencing someones spending habits on a different game.

• Blarebaby
            Blarebaby commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL it would seem so and yet ... one can never underestimate the deep feelings of inferiority that plague the children of the wealthy.

Thanks that was very informative

Comment

Monkey gumbo in the pot....
            Fire, walk with me!

÷RETIRED÷

Comment

The main thing about the other gem matching game is that you don't have to have your guild rank at the very top to get great rewards. The guild that I'm in over there is active, but we're not even in the top 500. Yet, just from getting to 40k seals, completing weekly task (and a couple of Legendary Tasks), and finishing events, the rewards are pretty damn significant.

Comment

• Blarebaby
                Blarebaby commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree! Its like ranking is something you can do for your own amusement but nobody cares if you do, and the rewards are meh.

Its really very low key competitive, the opponent is always the game itself. My guild went from oh gee can we get 40k seals the week to completing 30 legendary tasks in about eight months. Thats how great the non ranking rewards are. We just rank in order to see where our personal bests are.

But it makes me smile every time to know that when we do, not a single one of us has spent a dime to get there.
            Working...
            X