Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase LTV (lifetime value of a customer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase LTV (lifetime value of a customer)

1. Improve retention by constantly working to improve the quality of your product and rewarding loyalty. You do this by listening to what your customers say they want and giving it to them, not by second guessing them and doing the opposite or pulling the plug on popular changes.

2. Reduce churn by providing a thrilling experience at all levels of play. Newbies don't pull out their credit cards and start buying expensive assets until they know they want to keep playing. The new player must be taken care of, not abused. You want them to do well in the game, to feel that they are making progress. You need to steer them away from bad decisions that make success harder to reach, not encourage such decisions in order to drain them of their free resources more quickly.

3. Inspire virality by making your product something people are proud to promote rather than something people steer their friends away from because they know they can't afford it.

I think that pretty much covers it. But there's a lot more that can be said.

Edit: I meant to add:

F2P players are not a useless burden. They are the heart and soul of virality.

More F2P = lower CAC (cost of acquisition of customer)
    Last edited by Rabbit; 4 days ago.

That's, like, real business stuff.
    N3twork has evolved far beyond that. They have their awesome analytics that tell them people buy more crap the more you abuse and manipulate them.

Of course, there's a possibility that they only look at their analytics week-to-week and miss the longer term trends that come from pissing people off. Oh well.

Have you seen:
    http://legendarypa.xyz/

Comment

• Rabbit
      Rabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Eventually, someone's going to look at quarterly reports. Probably, oh, right about now.

I hadn't seen the site you linked. Interesting. But given how much some people are spending, it seems to me that they'd all be better off investigating a way to fund the creation of a whole new game, run by the very people who have been funding this one.

Some days I think this whole thing must be some twisted social experiment to prove that people love to waste their time and money regardless of how badly they are being preyed upon and disregarded week after week...

Comment

• Rabbit
      Rabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like I'm in an episode of Black Mirror.

• Popcorn
      Popcorn commented
      Editing a comment
      And I think that the forum is more interesting than the event.

To expand on point 2:

Newbies start the game with a bunch of gems. Many will spend the gems on the premium hero packs. These provide guaranteed old trash cards that newbies won't be able to evolve. If one were inclined to do so they'd have to figure out what materials are needed (old event mats), where they can be found (dungeon store) and how to get the currency needed to buy them (dungeon coins). Then they'd have to spend months acquiring the amount of coins needed to evolve the trash cards.

That is if they can figure out how the interface works because it's quite convoluted with many nested menus and tabs; menus in tabs in menus in tabs. Have to press the back button a dozen times sometimes. Literally thousands of different upgrade materials don't help either. Afaik there's no tutorial that explains how anything in this game works. Other than match three gems and don't forget the ally missions!

Or they take their Keta/Rei and some 2* campaign heroes to the big flashy event with boss hp values that quickly scale into the billions, do 1200 damage and uninstall. If they're diehards that are hellbent on whaling in this game they'll eventually find that they lack dust they can't reasonably get their hands on.

The ingame how to play button (if they can find it) opens a browser with this outdated guide from 2017:

https://n3twork.vbulletin.net/forum/...-starter-guide

There is info about hero cards but that's about it. Could use more information about how events work or what which interface element does. Maybe update it and slap the how to play button in the play menu for sub rank 20s. After removing the premium trash pack.

Comment

• Rabbit
      Rabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, exactly. Even things like being able to purchase stamina with gems. If you care about your newbies, you'll just outright remove such options.

Thats why i'm quitting the game and swapping into GoW - no pointless grind, i can play when/what i want, no forcing to spend money, i can get everything just by doing whole game content. Will only pay if it REALLY will be necessary.

Was nice to chat with all of You guys, after over 550 days ingame i'm out of this crap. This is not a game, this is actually addiction disease. I'm feeling much better after not playing since 4 days. Jesus, its amazing!!!

I recommend it for all of You - leave this game and find something better or even just enjoy real life. This game is not worthy to lose nerves, health and money.

CYU SOMEWHERE! My train is departing, choo choo choooooooo!

Edited: i'm just shocked that actually LGOH is 3rd as a most profitable game... So i guess there were ALOT of Hellboy fans playing last event...

So its a clear message to players like us - nothing willchange because ppl keeps paying for everything that N3 release. So im feeling now even better that i have left this game.
    Last edited by Gaussman; 3 days ago.

Comment

Aren't you guys tired of all this moaning and bitching?

There are obviously enough people that still enjoy the game, regardless of your opinion, to pay the bills. So big changes won't happen, just quit playing and move on to something else that's the only message they will get if you really think this game is going to shit.

I really don't get why you would play a game that doesn't bring you joy.

Comment

• Popcorn
        Popcorn commented
        Editing a comment
        It is because of the habit. For me, that have lived during the Golden Gen 2 Era, those changes made are horrific. I spent over $5k during Gen2 and not a single dollar since after the first Water Slayer of Gen3 in order to wait for the PROMISED changes. Therefore people are here, asking for what was promised to them and I see no reason to tell them to leave the game, like you feel them some form of parasites. Be reasonable and if you like the game, then go and repeat the same thing for five days and don't bother to be here in the forum during those five days.

• Vurmalkin
        Vurmalkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Popcorn Trying to get some answers is fine, I am doing the same, but if that is what you are doing I am not talking about you. Talking about those people that know they should just quit the game and move on to something that does give them actually joy.

• Popcorn
        Popcorn commented
        Editing a comment
        Vurmalkin , look at me : grown old dude, with grown up kids and 32 year practice as lawyer. Spent money on the game, like a lot. But whole my life I am thought that when you pay for something you should receive something. And when me and a lot o people payed here, they received what? Something that is fun to use during the event, but rendered obsolete when the next cycle of the same event comes. The heroes intentionally loose value in order to make you pay when the new series come. And some people are extremely dumb to do that on weekly basis (including myself during Gen 2). The game helps me to relax for an hour or two from work and the game by itself is good. People that are running it are imbeciles!!!! And exactly this group of dunces is making promises, but then hide or show up when they have to remove someone from the place where players can actually communicate. That's why people are still here - they want answers.

Oh, cool. My thread has joined the elite in the off topic section!

Comment

Means you're doing something right.

Comment

Working...
        X