Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HellBoy- Player Insight

Hi all!

1.) What in the event stood out to you in a positive way and what did you not like?

2.) What did you like and dislike about the event team?

3.) What about the characters did you like or dislike?

4.) What would you say was the biggest struggle your guild as a whole had with the event?

5.) Was there anything about the event that felt confusing to you?

This is only a guide to get you started. Feel free to expand on areas that this may not cover and skip questions you don't want to answer.

Respectfully,

Sniperweed117
    aka Chris
    The Legendary Sniperweed117

Honest to God, does it really matter what we think?

Comment

• ZalosnaSova
      ZalosnaSova commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally not.... Where should I start... Events in general with the useless cards? Is there any card you can actually use in gvg?

• Sniperweed117
      Sniperweed117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course it matters what you think.

• Sam Ascloune
      Sam Ascloune commented
      Editing a comment
      Sniperweed117, Would you kindly provide some evidence that the feedback provided is translated into changes in the game? Would you please explain to me how feedback on the event collection, event store, guild leader reward boxes, the dust pool, number of runes offered, duplicate rune issues, power creep, etc, has led to change in game? I will patiently wait for your reply. Thanks for taking the time to remind me that our voice matters.

Sam

Oh, so we're doing these again now, are we?

1. Positive: I had a lot of free time in my weekend to play Final Fantasy VII. Oh! And that my dark deck from the last slayer still kicked Frenzy boss butt. The bosses were kinda cool. Creepy though.

1. Negative: The deck was kinda... bad. Like.... really bad. The event store still hasn't been updated. You banned some long time forum members for.... who knows what. "Toxicity"

2. The Event team was so mediocre that it hurt, especially after the last dark slayer team was so massively powerful. I didnt bother to get anything other than the free support card.

3. Honestly didnt use it enough to tell you. See above.

4. My guild is having trouble keeping members. We do ok, but there aren't enough people that can get enough cards to make a passable dent in the bosses. My guild is mostly f2p, with some who buy the daily gem pack. My members are getting kinda.... bored.

5. Confused? I guess I'm confused about why you decided to charge CASH for the hellboy packs instead of gems. Other than that, it was the same old slayer event. What's to be confused about?

ALSO: PLEASE UPDATE THE EVENT STORE.

Comment

Positive - not many ppl played so got to keep my rank relatively easy

negative - event deck sucked, lacked motivation to play,,.for the first time i was scared of getting the right runes to complete collection cuz I might just forge the 13x cuz i can...very happy that I got dupe runes this event like the other events tho

Comment

1.) What in the event stood out to you in a positive way and what did you not like?

I liked the legend-relic pack, the special packs could be interesting in the future

Special packs could be described better as could the relics in the pack

It was very slow it, I had a pretty decent base as I had light dren and the tech 13X but it wasn't a great event deck by any measure

Mostly dislike - both MC and event had nukes so I had to play it a certain way to make sure I could get an attack off

4.) What would you say was the biggest struggle your guild as a whole had with the event?

Nothing really

Why we needed to see a graphic after every single boss - every boss was a hellboy boss and all of them you had to deal with hellboy material graphic and it made the event unnecessarily grindy.

Comment

Able to use the event cards to progress level 5 on the spire.
          Otherwise, did not like the event, thought it was stupid and everything about it failed.

Only had the support card. As those lovely Duplicates you love to give made it impossible to get the UF or 13X cards.

How bad you made them.

Duplicates, motivation to play and kill things because unless you have a UF its useless.

Where to begin. But until N3 decide to LISTEN to their paying customers or players in General..why will saying anything matter.
          It's currently worth the 1 star review I gave on google play.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

I didn't play.

I thought the Dark Warden pack you put out was positively stupid. If you guys define turn delay cards as an "exploit", yet you release a pack that let's anyone spend $30 to field a better defender team than people who have build up their defenses over six months or a year, then you really have no idea what you're doing.

Or, you know what you're doing, and you don't care, because all you care about is a quick buck.

I'm not sure which.

Comment

1 & 2) I thought about answering these questions then realized anything I posted about benefits or advantages we (as a guild) found would be used against us when the next event is rolled out. So nothing about what the guild did to try and be successful will be posted.

3) Got tired of staring up into the crotch of the hellspawn. The only good thing is that they were hung like a Ken doll.

4) Biggest struggle was maintaining interest.

5) Biggest confusion was why a game with so much promise has gone downhill so quickly.

Comment

1) Liked

The event deck seemed slower and maybe somewhat weaker than the previous ones.

I always liked the movies with Ron Perlman, so i liked the theme.

The Hellboy token rewards were actually good this time.

The frenzy bosses were selected so that the last slayer teams "killer" skills worked, which made them easier to kill with the old decks.

2) Not liked

Cards for cash, not gems. That is a huge shift in the wrong direction and removes things *completely* from f2p reach. Not cool. At all.

3) Event overall

Meh. Since this time i got unlucky with the runes, the event was over on day 2. From then onward just tag radiants to stay in my league and complete the collections. Boring, to say the least. But since the event team was slower, at least there was a chance to rally.

Comment

I love Flaming V and the Dingy Briefs Boys Band. Obviously, I don't know any of the executives myself; did the artists manage to capture a true likeness?

I had serious trouble staying awake during this event. Please don't change anything. The endless repetition of identical moves eliminates my insomnia. This could be game breaking!

Speaking of breaking things, having refined my technique, once my guild mates and friends have been trained to accept all my rallies, I think I can make it into Emperors with a rainbow deck of slayer wisps. I've already come across a GVG opponent whose defense consisted of one warden and four wisps. My wisp attackers are just the next evolution of this ground breaking idea. I just wish I could evolve them further! Without ascended wisps, I don't think I can use them in GVG nearly as effectively. They need pink stars! Not just six, mind you. Many twinkly little pink stars! All around the edges. And some hearts! Lots of hearts to show how much you love us... your dedicated players.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Edit: Sorry. Forgot. My guild is asking about ascended celestial bounty wisps. Please make this happen. Thank you!

Last edited by Rabbit; 04-16-2019, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• addicted2cola
                    addicted2cola commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...........If they implement any 9f these, I know who I'm coming after next week......... >

• ZalosnaSova
                    ZalosnaSova commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Funny you said it about gvg wisp defenders. Our guild polonikus faced something similar a few days ago. High gvg guild.. Up in the 50's with only joke defenders

• Rabbit
                    Rabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, that guild was probably making a point about GVG being broken. The guy I saw had 1 ascended warden. The rest of his defense was wisps. I'm pretty sure he was just so confident that no one at our level could defeat his one guy... and he was using the wisps to rub it in our faces. Lol.

the collection rewards were atrocious so no reason to play a lot.

you havent implemented previous feedback, so why do you even ask ?

Comment

The deck was crippled by the terrible dispel rates in this game. Why the devs always pair a deck crippling dispel with a deck mechanic I'll never understand. This deck needs 5 turns of building up power gems to be effective? Let's pair it with a boss that does chaos and an optimal deck that has one 60% dispel! Recipe for success!

pretty much on the same level as giving a slayer deck a mandatory nuke so that everyone can snipe you during that nuke

radiant boss spawn was definitely off. I'd get silver bosses, then gold , then green, then a cobalt and then they would reset to silver again with no radiants even though I was MVP on the cobalt. I think I spawned two radiants during the entire event. I'm going to guess it's either a bug introduced by the hellboy special bosses or that it counts locked radiants that I can't actually see in the number of radiants before my boss level resets and that the number of locked radiants keeps increasing from event to event post 3.0

Comment

• Rabbit
                      Rabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And a support that produces gems after she attacks... chaos wisks them away. It's like it's a deck designed to fail.

No doubt the locking of bosses means you see far fewer radiants being spawned by others, but it shouldn't affect how many you spawn.... unless the algorithm is some truly complicated thing prone to bugs. Oh, wait. Yeah.

1) Liked- That you are obviously just trolling the player base at this point and waiting for us to catch on. I mean, with the packs that were available and the dumpster fire of a deck it has to be trolling

2) Disliked- You guys are being too subtle. Next week make the warden Pack $60, the Legend relic to kill is $100, and make the deck a copy of the Valentines 2018 deck. Guarantee sales go up.

Comment

The one time packs not giving VIP experience sucks

Comment

Do we get something from writing stupid things about the current event, or this thread is just for fun and can be moved to Off Topic?

Comment

• Sniperweed117
                          Sniperweed117 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sure I can give you my thoughts on your comments.

1.) I do appreciate you taking the time to write this.
                          2.) How about you expand on what you liked about the event?

• Popcorn
                          Popcorn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sniperweed117 Particulary the event itself was Slayer as Slayer. Were there any changes from the Slayer before, that we need to dispute here? Do we need to say that selling over half of a defence deck fro real money was a very d**k move? Do you want to read all about this, time and time again?
                          Why is, actually, this feedback always following the events? Why don't you ask us to make one big constructive (most importantly non-vulgar) verdict of the state of the game? Like many people here said - there is nothing that can be achieved, no matter how much people are trying to explain themselves about what did they actually liked and what not. No matter how much effort YOU put to provide this feedback to your superiors, it seems that your tries are in vain. See the state of the game now and compare it to what it was 7-8 months ago, when everyone had fun and I myself didn't bother to open the forum, cause knew that there is nothing interesting. Now here are endless threads explaining how bad things in reality are. And while you might take these threads as offensive, those threads are made by people that actually care about the game and want to experience fun as it was before. And let's be honest, where is the joy of the event, when everything depends only on acquiring the UF and then go on a crusade against Ultimate bosses, to perform well in a leader board that is separate from the regular one, but in the same time does massive impact on it.
                          I am not the first, nor will be the last saying this and once again : despite your efforts, I firmly believe that nothing will change, cause you will bring them the information gathered here, but their answer will be as always : "meh".
                      Working...
                      X