Radiants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiants

What happened to the radiant spawn rate? I played 4 hours last night and saw only a handful where normally I'd see 50+. I also spawned only 1 the entire time. Due to this I was only able to make up about 20 ranks instead of gaining any significant progress. What's the point of playing if I can't see radiants?

Just my opinion but the lack of punch in the event deck coupled with long cooldowns probably means people are locking radiants more often. I’ve seen a total of 5 radiants the whole event and haven’t spawned a single one myself. Probably a good reason why I’m struggling in leaderboards.

Comment

Bizarre. I spawned 2 in a row earlier today. And several before and after that. There was practically a frenzy of them for about an hour, and I could barely keep up with the rallies.

Since then, they've slowed down to a consistent rate.

Edit: But there does seem to be a sort of "autolocking" bug, where sometimes if the finder doesn't do sufficient damage before their battle is over, or if a rally recipient tags before the finder has done sufficient damage, the boss is locked.

I can't identify exactly what triggers it, but I've had several radiant bosses in the last several events that escaped even though I never quit a battle. And I've been rallied to more than a few radiants that have ended up becoming a desperate fight by underpowedered teams to make the thing dead... with no sign that there was ever a lock (like finder with 0 damage or with more than 1 attack.) I've even had random radiant bosses in my queue that I jumped on that seemed to lock after my battle ended, despite obviously not being locked when I entered.
      Last edited by Rabbit; 04-15-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I got a feeling the radiants are spawned around certain times because sometimes for a period of 10min id see radiants spawn everywhere

Comment

• Silverwolf
          Silverwolf commented
          Editing a comment
          I may be mistaken, but it seemed like right before/concurrent with frenzy bosses I would see radiants pop up. Overall, I felt that they were sparse this event, but I have no objective data to support my "feeling."

I think its all about these Hellboy bosses. N3 force players to kill them, gather materials for event cards and my guess is that spawn of other bosses is kinda "blocked". but well, i'm quitting the game so why i even bother? xD maybe because i'm still sad and mad at same time cause of that...

Comment

Also struggling and close to demote because I find not enough big bosses. Just the crappy little ones all over the place...

Comment

Why is finding bosses random anyway? Shouldn't it be a guaranteed distribution at least?

Comment

I feel like I see a distinct pattern in my boss spawning that is very similar to the way bosses spawn in commander events, except the mechanics are hidden.

So you kill a certain number of little guys to get a medium guy. You kill a certain number of medium guys to get a big guy. And the random bosses spawned by other people generally match whatever you're currently spawning yourself.

I don't know that this is the case... and there could be an additional element of randomness in the spawning. But the more I pay attention to it, the more predictable it seems.

Comment

• Rabbit
                Rabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it's damage levels. My deck couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag, and I was spawning plenty of radiants. So many, in fact, that I could not rally enough people to kill them all, and a couple actually escaped, even though no one locked them.

• BigBuddhaDerfel
                BigBuddhaDerfel commented
                Editing a comment
                Back in time I would say, this is correct. But continuously killing own little bosses along with 15%ing or even mvping some bosses of other players for about two or three hours should then spawn a couple of cobalts and one or two radiants?
                Here and there I also kill a guild boss in between. May this break my streak?

• Rabbit
                Rabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                I found the opposite... if my spawning stalled, killing a guild boss often triggered a higher level boss.

Seems like something is truly buggered up for some people.

I get tons of radiant and some escape because I (and most of my guild) can't kill them. Yet you guys are getting almost none. WTF?

I see something like that too except mine reset after cobalts and I never see radiants.

Comment

I actually had a nice rally during the last hour of the event... I think that 2-3 other players and myself were all vying for the top30 as my rank was skipping between 31 and 35 every 5-7 minutes.
                The odd thing is that I too noticed a lack of radiants in the last 30 minutes of the event, however, there were a nice chunk of cobalts all of a sudden popping up left and right.
                I think that I got lucky and managed to MVP a emerald boss just as the seconds were grinding to 0 and got the points to end as number 30 in the my little league. Tell you the truth, it was actually a fun experience…

Also, what I have always noticed is that the Radiants indeed start popping up right before a frenzy is about to start, as well as around the hour. Maybe there is a reset done by the game that every hour you need to start getting the "kharma" to help you out.

Comment

Solo spawning is totally random, so no need to find the best strategy, just kill bosses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin74 View Post
                    Solo spawning is totally random, so no need to find the best strategy, just kill bosses.
                    I've heard that before, but if it's random, then the algorithm has the rune bug. The fact that silver bosses are followed by gold, then platinum, then onyx, then emerald, then cobalt, then radiant, then back to silver again suggests there is a distinct pattern, There may be random elements to it. But overall, there's a clear stepwise progression in boss power and rewards.

Comment

Working...
                    X