Slayer has changed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer has changed...

The Slayer dynamic has changed since UF. There is no possibility of sitting back for hours and tagging. There is so much power out there and bosses will be dying extremely quickly. You need to be finding & killing your own bosses by locking them, which is an essential tactic. If you’re frustrated at Slayer and have been used to getting a lot your trophies by tagging & rallying, I encourage you to start killing (in addition to tagging & rallying)...you may find it more enjoyable, as you are more in control of your own destiny. If you find 1000 bosses over the event, you will get your fair share of Cobalts, Radiants, Infernos, and Eternals.

Dark Slayer is arguably the event with the most power, given Soul Reaper & Hel can spawn 12 PGs.

This is a good thing, IMO...no one should be able to top the leaderboard by tagging 16 hours a day.

Can you explain how one does the boss locking?

Comment

• CelenaBlaze
      CelenaBlaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Join any boss u spawned then without hitting once, u quit using menu at top right corner...then it is locked to only u and those u tag....this only works if u dont hit even once = Full HP before quitting first time

• Khan
      Khan commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know that, thanks!

The power during this event is unquestionable, however, previous Fire Slayer event with the little kitties and such, if you had the deck and the admiral from previous fire slayer, on turn 3 your damage output was far superior than what I have seen with this deck... the difference is that this deck will pretty much annihilate anything on turn 2...
    Fire Slayer with UF was showing the T on most of the cards, multiple T, turn 2 with 2 hell produces 2.1T combined... still, insane damage, especially considering it is on the second turn.

Comment

In other words unless you can do multiple hundreds of billions of damage dont expect to have any fun.

Comment

• Black Falcon X
        Black Falcon X commented
        Editing a comment
        mephistoreigns, how do you define “fun”? I fully agree that you’re going to be miserable if you’re trying to maintain a position in Legends/Emperors without the ability to do a considerable amount of damage. 13 weeks ago, I have basically zero Light Commander heroes. I just decided to drop down from Legends on day 1. Same concept applies to Slayer events now. Previously, one could maintain a position in Legends with a minimal deck and tagging a couple of hours a day. As I said in the title, Slayer has changed.

• mephistoreigns
        mephistoreigns commented
        Editing a comment
        Not just that. I used to love going head to head with people to see who could pull MVPs on Radiants and Eternals. It might take as many as 2 or 3 attacks in the pre-empowered Slayer events. Now they die turn 2. So competing that way means you have to be able to do at least 51% damage on turn 2.

I know many people used to find that was why Slayer was exciting. Now it takes no skill, talent, or deck building. Just toss in the UF and you win.
        Last edited by mephistoreigns; 03-28-2019, 10:01 PM. Reason: Typo

It is why I prefer commander events in the new meta, I'll just usually use what I own or only go a few steps in as I get so much more enjoyment in commander events not worrying about sniping, just worrying about building decks for 1 key, for overkill and such.

Comment

So literally no change. It's always been about either being able to deal billions turn 1 or being able to take down massive HP bosses the fastest and then everybody else simply tagging along or hopefully being able to get their turn 2 to deal at least the 5% or 15% damage to get a bit more out of it.
        I remember very few Slayer events where this wasn't the same thing

Comment

• Black Falcon X
          Black Falcon X commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really. You never had trillions on turn 2. Also, the number of people that can do hundreds of billions are much higher, which changes the locking dynamic.

• mephistoreigns
          mephistoreigns commented
          Editing a comment
          When the old Elite and World bosses were prominent very, very few could deal even 100B damage. Even with 100 people attacking it could take 10 minutes to drop a boss with 1T HP. Now you wipe those bosses out with a sneeze.
      Working...
      X