Water Slayer event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Slayer event

Hello there! Am i the only who doesen't like this new relic? It is very specific.. Only for this new class water slayer.. I was waiting very much this new event and finally get really good ice deck and the relic which i can use with other heroes, but no! It gives you power gem if you have honored hero and gives basic gems only if you have water slayer heroes...

I hope i have understood this new relic wrongly...

Well, I think we're expecting that it should work with previous water slayers, not just this week's water slayers.

So, while it won't work with water commanders, it should still work well if you have one or two event cards and 3-4 older water slayers.

Comment

Water Slayer seems to be a new kind of class entirly an as i said previously i hope i'm wrong

Comment

Water slayer is a new type of intensity. You’re right if you’re talking about that being all new.

But, water slayer heroes are heroes from any past water slayer event. A water card with an S on it.

Comment

Yea, except all heroes from past water slayer events can pretty much be ignored since they'll do damage with 1 less zero at the end.

Comment

Past water slayer heroes will be useful (necessary?) wit this deck if you want enough water gems to power the battle skills and fuel the damage of those new heroes. The only regular gem spawners is the UR and even the main and x13 spawn a rather limited amount of pgs, and only every 5 turns.
            As Zer0Mark said in his video and others in the chat, you'll want other heroes to fill that board with gems (or pgs) and channel most of your damage through 3-4 event heroes at the most with that insane x10.
            So if those old heroes are necessary, let them at least be water slayer (that way they'll also benefit from the Support leader skill, help build WS intensity from the new relics, and let you use old relics of their type to also build intensity to power up their own battle skills...).

Comment

Depends on countermeasures needed and what relics you have racked up previously. It will take a couple of days to get most of what I need to make a viable water Slayer deck. Right now I have one Slayer and four viable relics.

Comment

I think the deck, as a whole can be powerful, but rather expensive... however, with the new cards, set as they are, in 10 weeks when we have the next water slayer event, with a relic similar. That relic will generate starting gems based on slayers, generate slayer intensity, but generate the extra pg based on that deck's species.

I'm still skeptical on the whole ordeal, but, I think, in the long run, this could help let us build decks for events easier. Eventually, you'll get to choose which battle skills work well together... and the biggest boon of all, you won't have cards (unless they're just not slayers) that aren't getting the leadership bonus. It's just 'all water slayers' for 300%bonus. In the long scope, this could be pretty fun.

However it's just a matter of time until the power creep takes over again and we have this cards that are incredibly powerful stat wise, but then the battle skills catch up and we have Halloween type decks again because people want their board full of pgs.

Comment

• MTM
                  MTM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think that will be the true test. This new system is great, but just because it creates avenues for creating varied heroes instead of power creeping heroes doesn't mean it will hold. All it takes is someone saying "well, one more power gem wouldn't hurt..." or someone's last minute clever idea slipping through without sufficient consideration for balance and we are back on the treadmill.

This deck is strong if you are rolling 2 6* Josephine's for gems, 2 6* helgas and 1 counter measure or corrupt water creature to fuel Cobalt blades. I can't wait for a fat eternal creature to try the amount of damage this will roll out

Comment

I don't see a problem with event relic (although I have only 1, lol), but I think I made a mistake by getting 13x card as it's not as useful as I thought it would be. it takes time to get slayer intensity to 300, which means it could be useful for long fight, but for 20 sec fights it's pretty much useless (to me, at least).
                  My current deck has only 2 event heroes (no UR) and one commander.

Comment

I don't really worry about intensity.

I'm running Icarus, Esteemed Haldor (the 10x event main), Doctor Nunaat (the 13x), Helga (the event Support), and Kw'Uk.
                    Relics: 6* Exultant Saber (x2), Ice Axe 6*, Minotaur Sword 6*, and Icetech Shredder.

My attacks are:
                    Turn 1- Smash all of the gems and power up the team.
                    Turn 2- Icarus, Haldor, Nunaat, and Kw'uk. Then slam together the power gems and water gems.

It does 5-8 billion with 1 key, 25-40 billion with max keys.

For eternals, wait 7 turns, then do it again.

Comment

Nice.

I use Helga (the event support, awakened 3 times as I spent too much on support pack and got 0 UR), 3 x Esteemed Haldor (this event's main) and Karasu (back then 13x, now 5x commander)
                      Helga is the leader and all four slayer heroes are at max lv 70

Relics are 1x Dragonic Bangle, 3x Exultant Saber, and 1x Icetech Shredder

Karasu is obviously here for PG generating. It kinda depends on luck, too. Total damage in 60 sec long fights vary from 600b to 1.3
                      I'm not sure how much I do in short fights, as I don't actually take time to compare, but I don't think I've ever did less than 35b on 2nd turn, with 3 keys used. of course, that is with 4 slayer heroes because Karasu is commander (and deals nothing).
                      Last edited by Jelash13; 1 week ago. Reason: grammar erroes and such

Comment

Originally posted by CotBanks View Post
                        I think the deck, as a whole can be powerful, but rather expensive... however, with the new cards, set as they are, in 10 weeks when we have the next water slayer event, with a relic similar. That relic will generate starting gems based on slayers, generate slayer intensity, but generate the extra pg based on that deck's species.

I'm still skeptical on the whole ordeal, but, I think, in the long run, this could help let us build decks for events easier. Eventually, you'll get to choose which battle skills work well together... and the biggest boon of all, you won't have cards (unless they're just not slayers) that aren't getting the leadership bonus. It's just 'all water slayers' for 300%bonus. In the long scope, this could be pretty fun.

However it's just a matter of time until the power creep takes over again and we have this cards that are incredibly powerful stat wise, but then the battle skills catch up and we have Halloween type decks again because people want their board full of pgs.
                        Unless we are building to monsters that will manipulate your board so you don't see your gems much.
                        Time to bring back chromatic Slayer.

Comment

Working...
                        X