New Changes! Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Changes! Good or Bad?

So, this new event has ushered in a WHOLE bunch of new content for Commander!

Gone are Over and Ultrakill bosses, gone is the Vault, gone are Ultimate and Challenge bosses in the Crusade, gone are the Dust Collection reward hero systems.

Making a much-needed return is the (somewhat) grindless key system, the relic pack (thank GOD), and the Hero Collection formula!

Personally, I think this is a big step in the right direction! My only complaint would be the special coins for evolving event heroes. They're pretty stingy with those, it seems.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts! Are you pleased with these new changes, or annoyed? What do you think they'll do for Slayer?

EDIT: After playing through this event, I concur with most of you. My optimism was totally wasted, and they've ruined Commander. I barely evolved the Event hero, couldn't even level up the relic to 6* with over 200 million trophies, and wasn't even halfway to the reward hero where before I'd get it on the first day. Lack of quests sucked, their stinginess with event coins blowed, and I am overall a very unhappy player. So to all of you complaining in the comments, you were right! I was just behind the curve, hahah. Let's hope they take a hint for Slayer.
    Last edited by Anaxagoras; 4 weeks ago.

For are slayer?can it get even worse?dont think it’s possible...unless N3TWORK removes all bosses and we have to hit empty spaces over and over and over

Comment

Bad changes mostly.
      Moving to killer skills based system, is a braking change.
      Skipping all the stars for the UF directly to 6* is dull and boring for me. They could have found a way to make the system more evolving and let you feel slight progress depending on what you have.
      Event is stupid and the new regards show that TPG is the favorite kid in the neighborhood now, boring AF
      The game lost the fun part of it, so I cancelled VIP and deleted it after the first day of the event.

Comment

• memorysenemy
        memorysenemy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah TPG is the main focus it seems, and that shit is boring. Oh goodie I get to kill an impossible boss with infinite health, that has the most massive and crippling debuffs in the game, so I can MAYBE make some gauntlets (with the material you have to buy in packs too), so I can fight them some more...lame. The TPG are lame, the spire was lame, and the events are now lame. Not spending anymore money here, this game might get an hour of my time per week until I lose total interest.

Originally posted by Anaxagoras View Post

Gone are Over and Ultrakill bosses, gone is the Vault, gone are Ultimate and Challenge bosses in the Crusade, gone are the Dust Collection reward hero systems.

Making a much-needed return is the (somewhat) grindless key system, the relic pack (thank GOD), and the Hero Collection formula!

Personally, I think this is a big step in the right direction! My only complaint would be the special coins for evolving event heroes. They're pretty stingy with those, it seems.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts! Are you pleased with these new changes, or annoyed? What do you think they'll do for Slayer?
      Ultrakill and Overkill bosses were great, sad that they are gone. The Vault was a far better value than packs so the fact you are praising that is insane. Not sure what you mean about grindless key system, as you still need to grind through crusades. Otherwise, all other changes are shit. The bosses this event are ALL weak to noble killer and normally there would be at least one or two bosses that would spawn with an alternate type.

Bad changes all-around 1 star on the play store for these game-breaking changes.

Comment

• Anaxagoras
        Anaxagoras commented
        Editing a comment
        I do really miss the Over and Ultra kill, those were a great test of power. The Vault was honestly such a gamble I couldn't get into it...and I've missed the guaranteed relic pack. Spending 1,000 gems per event vs. 2,100 is a no-brainer for me (unless they've kept the gem increase for the relic, in which case I'll be very salty). And only getting 1-2 keys per crusade level vs. freaking 12-15 per level is kind of relaxing to me. I don't have to grind bosses for HOURS on end just to get rid of my keys! So I'd say my satisfaction is about 50-50 on this event. LOTS of room for improvement, but I actually don't mind a few of the changes they've implemented.

Are they so hungry for money before Christmas so they decided for those shitty changes?

Comment

I'd be on board if the changes were limited to going back to old-style Commander: multiple maps, fewer keys (so you don't have to play 10 hours a day to compete), no more secret bosses or overkill.... I actually like the simplification/relaxed vibe.

However, the new pack structure is brutal. Even the main hero is insanely expensive and, since the historical heroes are Gen 3 URs, it's pretty much impossible for anyone other than a whale to get the ultimate form now, even if you were willing to spend 30k-50k gems.

Also, the collection and rewards are horrible. Does anyone actually need 3, 4 and 5 star TPG gauntlets? The answer is definitely NO! If the final reward had been the super-rare component to make an affinity gauntlet, that would be useful, but generic gauntlets (even at 6*) are worthless. Filling the collection with TPG coins, useless TPG gauntlets and the annoying new event-related currency (to evolve heroes and relics) is just one more slap in the face (a face that's already numb from so many slaps this week).

Comment

Bad. The changes are bad. I wasn't a big fan of the vault, but the packs had something at that time that they dont' have now.... dust. The vault increased the cost of dust, since before you could buy main/ultra packs for cheap dust. But, then they added the historical vaults and it basically solved that problem.

Gem estimates suggest that a F2P or VIP spender will be able to get an event deck once per year, as opposed to every 2-4 events for vip and 5-8 for F2p.

Losing boss variety and boss types is stupid and boring.

The damage and health changes to bosses that are being reported are insane and 100% make all past decks absolutely worthless.

The quest rewards are even worse than normal since half of them are the new random coins to evolve the support card.

I do like the reduced keys for commander. I think.

Comment

Grindless key system is great
          Relic pack is trash. In the vault you got so much more for your gems spent going to tier 3 to get a relic.
          And the hero collection formula is just as trash. You got something for having a few of them in the vault system. Here it's all or nothing and you can end up getting what you already had. And even if you did land an UR which then let's you craft a very old Ultimate Form hero, that UF is trash compared to the support card in strength.

Comment

Packs are trash and players are complaining and posting bad reviews. Go post your 1 star review! They deleted my post about posting reviews, so I am putting up a screen shot of it.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	bs.PNG
Views:	737
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	118089 They might ban me from the dead forums for this. Ooooh.

Comment

• TotallyNewPlaya
              TotallyNewPlaya commented
              Editing a comment
              They've never been above censoring and squelching dissent. The people who run this place are very, very bad people.

• memorysenemy
              memorysenemy commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't you love how this doesn't get taken down though, maybe they didn't like me posting a link.

How was the vault a gamble? Yes, the desirable cards were low chance but nowhere near as low as this return to the deck system. In case you forget, with the vault at least cards were guaranteed and you could see at which tier so you can decide if you wanted to invest or not even take a chance. In addition you can save dust to craft your MC and UR. Now all that will get you is some overpriced and useless skins.

Comment

• memorysenemy
              memorysenemy commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, if I wanted to payout, and it wasn't that bad considering if you had gems from previous events, I could pay like $40, get a few tiers, and more than likely if I had the dust I could craft the UF, the events where great, I built a ton of decks that way. But, with the packs...it will be impossible unless you want to toss out $150 or more per week.

Also, I do remember the old packs, and it was more expensive than the vaults, but even that had a little more value. This is just flat out "greed" packs.

Just spotted the N3 employee...

Comment

• Anaxagoras
              Anaxagoras commented
              Editing a comment
              Forgive me for trying to find SOMETHING acceptable in this game. Maybe it's just wasted optimism...everyone here seems to hate anything and everything to do with the app. I guess I'm just trying to find some reasons to keep it installed...

• TotallyNewPlaya
              TotallyNewPlaya commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely

"so much new content! we removed 90% of the content!"

Changes are awful. Major steps backward. New cards are incompatible with "forever decks" since they don't share the same relic types, so everything spent since gen 3 came out is pretty much wasted.

Comment

the changes are bad, horrible, messed up, complete garbage. After wasting gems on the packs today and getting nothing for it, Im over it. good luck any whales spending huge amounts to make the devs believe this is how the game should be.

Comment

I see that an apology for these horrible changes was posted in the game..
              How about they refund all the players the gems we wasted buying the garbage event packs that contained nothing but trash!!??

Comment

• BigBuddhaDerfel
                BigBuddhaDerfel commented
                Editing a comment
                Don´t hold your breath. Actually, they didn´t talk about more than some minor issues - either already implemented (frenzy bosses) or upcoming (qol changes for guilds). Again, just issues nobody is really interested in - currently. What we need to hear about is the vault and an ecocsystem coming back, allowing f2p to get UFs by just playing. This newsfeed is just like a bone thrown at the mad dog to calm him down.
                Last edited by BigBuddhaDerfel; 1 week ago. Reason: corrected typos

To quote a famous man, "No Refunds!".

Comment

Working...
              X